As you may well be aware, we are having difficulty in getting a renewal of our planning permission for the marquee at Yeldersley Hall. See my last post for further details.
We believe that if letters of support are sent to the planning authority this can only help our case. Please will you help? And please let us know if you send something – we’ll be very grateful for the support.
There are 3 ways of sending a letter of support for the application:
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com – our ward councillor); or
- Send letter to Chris Whitmore, Senior Planning Officer, The Planning Department, Derbyshire Dales District Council, Town Hall, Bank Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3NN; or
- You can go online and make a comment via the online planning system. You will need to search for the planning application using the following link: http://www.derbyshiredales.gov.uk/planning-a-building-control/156-view-a-planning-application.
Please include the following in your letter/comment:
- the planning application reference: 16/00633/FUL
- your name and address
- confirm who you are: supplier, past/future wedding couple, local business
- confirm that you support the application
- state your reasons – based on valid planning considerations
These are examples of valid planning considerations, some of which you may choose to use if appropriate for you (but please use your own words):
Appearance of the Marquee
E.g. the marquee is very discreetly located, well screened, barely visible, attractive, well maintained, does not have a negative impact on the setting of the listed building.
Positive Benefits of the Marquee
The Yeldersley hall wedding business helps to support directly other local wedding businesses and suppliers (such as caterers, florists, bar providers, photographers).
The wedding business supports indirectly other local businesses – B&Bs, hotels, pubs, taxis.
Creates employment – supports the local rural economy.
Weddings bring visitors to the Hall who can enjoy the historic listed building.
Weddings bring in visitors to Derbyshire who stay in local B&Bs, hotels and visit local pubs, tourist attractions.
Means the Hall is well looked after and well maintained.
The marquee makes Yeldersley Hall a viable option for weddings
Without the marquee, we would not have chosen Yeldersley Hall.
The space within the Hall itself would not be convenient for all elements of the wedding: the ceremony, the reception and any entertainment.
The marquee makes it a viable option as these elements can then take place in separate areas.